Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving..



Made a few bite-sized desserts for Thanksgiving dinner hosted by our cousins.
Miniature apple pies
Iced sugar cookies
Nutella Banana purses
Cake balls!
My friend Kalpana helped me make the iced cookies. We used the same fall leaf cutters that I used a few weeks ago. With 2 pairs of hands the decorating was super quick.
The mini-caramel apple pies were my Arsh's request...can't have Thanksgiving without apple pie he said. Recipe was Foodwishes chef John's caramel apple pie using pillsbury ready-made crust.
Cake Balls were the standard Bakerella recipe (Go to www.bakerella.com and you can't miss them) 1/2 chocolate and 1/2 chocolate raspberry flavored.

The banana nutella purses were the simplest to make. Usually I never keep Nutella at home since its detrimental to my own waistline. However I found Nutella on sale at Target last week so if there was such a time to buy it....
So I used Pepperidge farm puff pastry sheets. Rolled out one sheet in a square shape. Cut the sheet into 16 squares. Plopped about a teaspoonful of Nutella on each square and topped it with a thick slice of banana. Pulled up the corners and sealed it well by pressing together. Brushed the tops with egg wash and baked it at 400 deg for 15 mins. Drizzled with melted chocolate. My own review:
Presentation: 10/10
Ease of prep: 10/10
Taste: 7/10
I couldn't taste much of the Nutella or the banana in each bite. Need something to pump up the flavor. Hmm. Or perhaps I can roll out the sheets even thinner. BTW, don't forget to seal the purses tight or they open up during baking. 







No comments:

Post a Comment